All the Appium tutorials and tips you need. Appium has quickly become one of the most prominent test automation frameworks for mobile app testing. To celebrate this great framework going forward, people developing it further (yes, we highly appreciate the great work this ecosystem of talented and dedicated engineers are doing!) and people adopting it with a growing pace, we’d like to share our knowledge, some best practices as well as bunch of tips and tricks how you can really take all out of it. So…
We’re glad to announce a blog series including 35 unique blogs, sharing a lot of great and relevant information for all expertise levels of Appium users – from newbies/beginners to tech-savvy test automation folks that already use it. Stick with us – it’ll be sure an awesome ride!
Download Our FREE Appium Beginner’s Guide to Set Up your Appium Testing Environment Today.
What is Appium Mobile Testing – Why Should You Care?
As defined at Appium.io, Appium mobile testing provides an open-source tool and framework for automating native, mobile web, and hybrid applications on Android and iOS platforms. It works well on native apps – the ones that are written using the iOS or Android SDKs, mobile web apps that are accessed using a mobile browser as well as hybrid apps that are utilizing Webview and are wrapped inside your app. For example, Appium is also very popular among mobile game developers who typically use some advanced techniques for testing input-driven mobile games even running on two different platforms at the same time and by the same script. Sounds good? More to come…
Appium Tips & Tricks – Every Week – with Real Devices!
We’ll try to offer a fresh look at this framework. There are many different blogs out there that focus on Appium and provide tips and tricks for a variety of topics. In this blog series, we’ve divided topics – and tips and tricks for those – based on some clear and related topics, such as how to set up and configure Appium, what things you should consider for different platforms, how to use real devices and browsers efficiently in the process, what complementary tools to consider, and many other topics. We also define what different concepts are, what those include and what will (most likely) work your app the best.
Appium Tutorials and Tips
- Appium Mobile Testing and How to Get Started With Appium
- How to Get Started, Setup and Run Your First Tests
- Using Python to Configure and Upload Your Apps and Tests in Cloud
- Java Integration with Real Devices on Cloud Service
- Mastering C# for Your Tests, Setup and Some Basics
- Ready to Rumble with Ruby
- How to Master Appium from Command Line
- How to Take Screenshots on Failure
- How to Automatically Dismiss Dialogs and Autoaccept Alerts
- Make Tests Fail Faster/Slower and Do Efficient Error-Catching
- How to Speed Up Device Acquisition for Appium Tests
- Useful Timeout Desired Capability and Other Wait Commands
- Tools for UI Visual Inspection and Test Creation
- Tips and Tricks for Faster Appium Test Script Generation
- Breaking Off From Limitations of Appium
- Finding UI Elements with Appium Automation Engine
- Finding UI Elements with Selendroid Back-End
- How to Use XPath Locators Efficiently
- Explore How to Interact with Mobile UI Elements
- Executing Appium Tests with Gradle
- How to Get Your Appium Tests Instantly Started (without queuing)
- How to Deploy Image Recognition for Your Appium Tests
- Parallel Test Runs on Android and iOS Devices with Appium
- Best Appium Resources Online – How to Find Those?
- How to Avoid the Most Common Test Zip Mistake
- Match Image Resolution with Device Resolution
- How to Use Appium Image Recognition for Mobile Game Testing
- How to Access App Store from Appium Script
- Use Appium Desktop to Boost Your Appium Efficiency
- Appium vs. Espresso: Which Framework to Use for Automated Android Testing
- How to Automate Testing of Android TV Apps Using Appium
- How to Use Appium Image Locator for Finding Elements and Image Recognition
- Appium vs. XCUITest for Automated iOS Testing
- How to Automate Appium Java Tests In Parallel using TestNG
Interested in Other Topics Related to Some Appium Problem?
We’re happy to hear your thoughts, how we could serve you even better and what sort of information you’re specifically looking for.