Benefits and Results
As in past years, SmartBear TestComplete continued to play a key role in the software development lifecycle at Nehemiah Security as the frequency of releases increased over the past 12 months. Major releases now occur approximately every four months, and patches are released in between.
“The primary benefit for us is in regression testing,” Howe says. “We can build simple tests to save our sanity each time we run through a cycle as well as speeding up the process. Looking ahead, we anticipate the cycle frequency will even be shorter. TestComplete will help us handle the faster pace.”
When patch releases occur, TestComplete automation is particularly helpful because those are on short cycles and often contain major software changes. QA typically has a very quick turn-around time window.
“To beat our deadlines, we put a lot of effort into organizing mapped objects so they can be found faster,” Howe says. “We set up the structure in a way that gets to objects the fastest while also reducing the path within aliases to make objects more accessible. This is particularly helpful for the Web component of our application, which has numerous panels, forms and frames. The search can take a long time to find an object on a page if it’s not well-structured.”
Looking ahead, Howe plans to begin presenting TestComplete results to developers—including screen shots, snap shots of virtual machine groups, and recordings. “TestComplete is powerful, flexible, accessible and easy- to-use,” he concludes. “It’s definitely worth a look for anyone who is considering automating their UI testing.”
Ensure client software interfaces perform well and facilitate end-user interactions.
Automate user-interface regression testing to accelerate the QA process.
Test user interfaces of Windows forms, Web forms, services and other components.
Maintain QA testing schedule (even with short notice) to help keep software development on time.
- Save time and improve test quality with Object Engine with 1k Rules Covering 50k properties and 500 controls
- Leverage on-demand, cloud-based test lab to test applications on various combinations of operating systems, browsers, and resolutions
- Create advanced tests without scripting, using simple point-and-click actions to setup your sophisticated testing scenarios
- Generate automatic regression tests that don’t fail when the UI changes
- Separate data from test commands to ease maintenance efforts
- Leverage custom plug-ins to extend functionality (no programming experience required)
- Plays key role keeping the software development lifecycle on schedule.
- Speeds up process for creating and running regression tests.
- Provides flexibility so testers can build automated tests in their own unique way.
- Facilitates organizing mapped objects so objects can be found faster.
- Generates feedback on user-interface defects that can be presented to developers.
All company names and/or products referenced herein are either registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective trademark holders.