The Best Kept Secrets of Peer Code Review
Proven techniques to ensure succesful code reviews that don't waste developers' time.
It's common sense that peer code review - in which software developers review each other's code before releasing software to QA - identifies bugs, encourages collaboration, and keeps code more maintainable.
This eBook describes the best kept secrets for efficient, lightweight peer code review that has been proven effective through scientific study and by SmartBear's extensive field experience.
- The pros and cons for the five types of peer code review.
- Why no one ever really talks about peer code review.
- Why some developers resist a code review tool and how you can handle that situation.
- Understanding the positive and negative social effects of peer review.
- Which metrics are useful, why, and how to use them to improve your code review process.
- Questions to ask and what to do when you are starting your peer code review process.