Benefits and Results
SmartBear AlertSite has now monitored Grass Roots customer websites for the past five years to help check for and improve performance as well as to prove Grass Roots meets customer service-level-agreements (SLAs). Grass Roots can easily generate weekly and monthly reports for each customer.
“We don’t alter any of the data, and we leave the SmartBear logo right on the report,” Tim says. “We want our customers to clearly see how their site performance analysis comes from SmartBear—a reputable third party that validates the accuracy of the data. Our customers find the reports easy to interpret, and we can give them high-level views with graphs that make it easy to see the results.”
With DejaClick transactional monitoring, Grass Roots can tell if page time-out issues are caused by a missing image due to network latency. “Receiving granular information such as this helps us determine the scope of the issue,” Tim says. “We know that page time-outs like this one would not apply to other customer sites. We also sometimes receive alerts from an AlertSite monitor based in Asia but can see that website access is working fine in North America. This tells us the issue is related to a particular ISP network.”
AlertSite reports also give Grass Roots the flexibility to create granular reports for internal use when the staff needs to drill down into website performance issues. AlertSite measures user experiences and tells Grass Roots if a customer site is performing as contracted.
When Grass Roots discovers a performance issue, the internal staff knows right away. As an example, Tim’s team identified an application that triggered a database store procedure while another application was accessing the same database, which slowed both applications down. Grass Roots simply tweaked the application code so the two applications would not access the database at the same time.
“This is typical of how we can address issues—thanks to AlertSite—before they impact customers and so we can avoid having customers report the problem to us,” Tim says. “We include notes on such incidents as well as maintenance updates and network connectivity issues that create minor blips on the reports so our customers are aware, but they can still see just how consistently we comply with our SLAs.
- Ensure customer websites deliver superior usability experiences.
- Generate proof of fulfilling service-level-agreement (SLA) requirements.
- Identify performance issues and pinpoint cause before customers report problems.
- Provide customers with information on problem causes whether related to their website or outside factors such as Internet service providers, Web browsers and corporate networks.
SmartBear AlertSite Solution
- Provides website monitoring with 80+ monitoring stations across the globe.
- Measures availability and performance of website applications and transactions.
- Documents page-load times as perceived by end users.
- Includes inside-the-browser performance monitoring following user click streams and capturing form inputs.
- Offers flexible feature provisioning to lower licensing costs.
- Improves ability to monitors customer websites to check for and improve performance.
- Helps prove conformance with customer SLA requirements.
- Creates granular reports for internal staff to drill down into site performance issues.
- Generates proof as to exactly how well websites perform and the cause of any issues, whether due to website performance or connectivity/browser factors.
All company names and/or products referenced herein are either registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective trademark holders.