APIs.io Service Import/Export
- Verify that you have java and maven 3.X correctly installed.
- download the plugin repository by the URL https://github.com/SmartBear/ready-apisio-plugin.
- run mvn clean install assembly:single in the project folder to build the plugin.
- the plugin dist.jar will be created in the target folder and can be installed via the Plugin Managers' "Load from File" action.
- Alternatively, you can install from with the Plugin Manager by choosing "Browse Plugin Repository", locating the plugin and clicking Install.
This plugin allows you to import API(s) with an APIs.io Search engine. To use the APIs.io Service in Ready! API, follow these steps:
Select Create Project With API Search Engine in the Create project from... drop-down while creating a new project
or Add API With API Search Engine option in the Project menu.
Enter a search keyword and click Search. The search results will display all of the matching APIs from the APIs.io directory so you can select the APIs you want to work with:
Note: While the search results display all of the APIs in the APIs.io directory, only those with a valid service description are available for import; all of the others will be grayed out.
Select one or more APIs to import. You can also set the following import options:
Generate Test Suite – create functional tests of the API in the SoapUI NG module
Generate Load Test – create a load tests of the API in the LoadUI NG module
Generate Security Test – create a security tests of the API in the Secure module
Generate Virtual Host – create a virtualized version of the API for sandboxing/simulation purposes in the ServiceV module
APIs.io Service Plugin also allows to export selected REST service or all REST services in the selected project to the APIs.json format (http://apisjson.org/format.html). To create APIs.json file follow these steps:
Select Export APIs.json in the context menu for the selected project or REST service. An export wizard opens to walk you through exporting all of the selected REST APIs.
Each selected REST API is presented on a separate page.
On the last page of the wizard, select the folder where you want to store the resulting file. The result file name consists of the selected project or REST API and JSON extension.
Note: Version of the format is 0.14 (http://apisjson.org/format/apisjson_0.14.txt).