Welcome to the Ready! API - AlertSite plugin
Ready! API is now integrated with the AlertSite monitoring platform allowing you to create, test and monitor your web services from within SoapUI NG.
Monitoring your APIs in production. When your API moves into production from test, the environment changes – there is no way to know if the API performance is compromised unless you look. Further you can find problems that may be a result of the location or variance in traffic.
There is no easier method. You can simply click a button from right in the Ready! API interface and see the status of your APIs in production it can’t get any easier. With SoapUI you take your already created test cases and turn them into monitors whenever you have a new API or test you want to keep an eye on.
Troubleshooting is like shooting fish in a barrel. You wrote the functional test, you know it works, and when something comes back as not working you can isolate it quickly.
How do I monitor an API/Webservice with Ready! API?
Ready! API 1.3 and up has a built in plugin for the AlertSite - installed and ready to go.
- In Ready! API switch to SoapUI NG. Click the Monitor APIs icon on the SoapUI NG toolbar to start the process of monitoring your APIs.
- Connect to AlertSite with a new or existing account. Click Getting Started in the upper right corner. Log in using your current AlertSite credentials. If you don't have an account, click "I don't have an account" to set one up.
- Add your existing API test cases to create monitors.
- All your test cases are available to you when you click add monitors. Name your API monitor and select the frequency you want to monitor from 1-120 min’s.
- In the dialog that appears, configure your monitor:
- Select the Project, Test suite and Test case to run.
- Enter the Monitor name and select how often the test should run (every 1 to 120 minutes, depending on your plan).
- If you have several plans, select the Plan to use for this monitor. Click Add.
How do I uninstall this plugin?
- Click on the plugin manager in Ready! API.
- In the dialog box that comes up, view the Installed Plugins and select the AlertSite plugin.
- Click the Uninstall button to remove the plugin from Ready! API.
- Restart Ready! API.
How do I install a newer version of the plugin?
- Follow the instructions above to uninstall the older version of the plugin, if necessary.
- Click on the plugin manager icon on the toolbar.
- Open the Browse Plugin Repository view in the Plugin Manager. You will see the AlertSite Connector plugin listed in the list box.
- Click the Install/Upgrade Plugin button.
What if I want more monitoring capabilities?
AlertSite does a lot more than Advanced API monitoring. Set up a free enterprise monitoring trial for Unlimited Flexibility and coverage to monitor all your APIs, web, mobile and SaaS business applications from AlertSite's 350 checkpoints avaialble across the globe or from your local network or private cloud.