A decade ago, most employers would have balked at the idea of the majority of their employees regularly working from home. The major concern? Lack of productivity.
Amid the current global crisis, we will prove them wrong.
The impact COVID-19 has had in workspaces presents a new set of challenges and opportunities. The good news is, not only has the technology evolved to enable productive remote work, behavioral shifts to better collaboration allow us to effectively do our jobs despite the disruption to our locale.
Mob Programming is a development approach where the whole team works on the same thing, at the same time, in the same space, and at the same computer. Mob-programming is a young practice, only starting to be embraced by agile teams. Remote mob programming even more so; it is rarely practiced and so far, only poorly understood. The team at Cucumber, which is fully distributed, has been practicing remote mob programming since 2015, and we have experiences we want to share.
By employing remote mob programming, the team benefits by:
- Allowing anyone to work from anywhere, at any time
- Improved communications by eliminating time in the back-and-forth of email or IM conversations
- Decision making by entire team with real-time, relevant information
- Reduced time wasted by working on unnecessary work
- Eliminating many meetings by ensuring that work, knowledge creation, and decision making are completely aligned
- Reduces the feeling of isolation that can occur with remote work
Please join us to learn more about the benefits and best practices at our upcoming webinar on 04/08/20.
Also be sure to check out SmartBear Connect 2020, our annual conference which we have transitioned to a free, virtual format.