The world's most trusted API testing tool
For REST, SOAP and other popular API and IoT protocols, SoapUI Pro provides the industry's most comprehensive and easy-to-learn functional testing capabilities. Based on open core technology proven by millions of community members, SoapUI Pro helps you ensure that your APIs perform as intended, meet your business requirements, timeframes, and team skill sets right from day one.
The first essential piece of API readiness is making sure that your API does what it is supposed to do and returns the data it's expected to return. With SoapUI Pro, you can:
- Create tests directly from Swagger, Open API Specifiation (OAS) 3.0 and other popular API description formats
- Analyze your functional test coverage to know what you're missing
- Run ad-hoc tests without having to maintain temporary API client code
- Use the command-line to hook your tests to your build system
- Quickly flip between multiple environments: development, testing, staging, etc.
- Test REST, SOAP, and other protocols in a single, unified framework
Look, the world is a complicated place. Sometimes your APIs are too. That's why with SoapUI Pro, we've made it as easy as possible to create test scenarios by providing design tools that use point-and-click shortcuts to simplify advanced functionality down to a few clicks.
- Import API descriptions like Swagger, OAS 3.0 and others to rapidly build out API tests
- Record API calls based on real-world web and mobile apps using API discovery
- Use property transfer to extract data from one response for use in a later request
- Avoid complex scripting by building XPath and/or JSON-Path statements graphically
Using realistic, dynamic data in your functional API tests is critical to covering boundary conditions, positive/negative testing, and truly simulating the way your consumers interact with your APIs in the real world. SoapUI Pro saves you invaluable amounts of time by enabling you to:
- Use external data sources to keep your tests and data more maintainable
- Avoid having to repeat tests for different scenarios by using multiple data sets
- Validate results using data from either a database, file, or prior response
- React quickly when new cases arise by simply creating a new data sets, not tests
SoapUI Pro includes advanced security testing capabilities. You can now add security scans to your new or existing functional tests with just a click. Instead of security experts, with SoapUI Pro’s easy to create scans, security testing lands squarely with the testers and developers of your team. This helps ensure that critical API security testing occurs every time your tests run and is no more considered as an afterthought. SoapUI Pro allows you to:
- Quickly generate security scans to run against all your API tests
- Protect your APIs by running standard scans designed to mimic standard hacking techniques
- Create custom scans or layer them over existing scans to cater to your own use case
- Integrate API security with automation to ensure your APIs stay secure after every code change
Creating API tests manually based on a written description can be time-consuming and inaccurate. With SoapUI Pro, you can use our API Discovery feature to find APIs and generate test structures for them. You can also easily refactor your tests when any of your APIs change.
- Use API descriptions like Swagger, OAS 3.0 to ensure that you've got full test coverage
- Capture API traffic from a website or switch to proxy mode for mobile devices
- Use our refactoring capabilities to update your tests when API definitions change
Who’s responsible for delivering high quality APIs on your team? Increasingly, the answer is: everyone. Developers are on the hook for shipping great code, testers are in charge of comprehensive quality validation, and operations teams are responsible for making sure things work around the clock.
But quality starts with good design, and SmartBear knows that the quickest way to making all teams more efficient is to squash problems earlier on in the API delivery lifecycle. That’s why ReadyAPI comes fully equipped to integrate the varying skill sets on your team with:
- Graphical API testing tools like SoapUI Pro
- Command-line support for automated regression testing
- Results export to popular M2M (jUnit, XML) and other common formats
- SDK and IDE support for developer-first testing patterns
Learn how SoapUI Pro enables Atena testers to accelerate the regression process by 25x
Read Case Study
Discover how HDS reduced API testing setup time by over 80%
Read Case Study
Point-and-click testing in SoapUI Pro makes it easy for Cisco's engineers to automate their REST and SOAP tests.
Read Case Study
SoapUI Pro integrates with your entire API delivery ecosystem, from design and mocking to issue reporting and deployment. With an open core plugin framework, integrations to the following areas make ReadyAPI and SoapUI Pro the most extensible and connected API testing suite in the world:
- API management platforms
- API description formats (like Swagger, RAML, etc.)
- API Performance Monitoring
- Front-end functional testing
- Revision control / repository in Git
- Issue tracking in Atlassian JIRA
- SDK generation
- IoT and other protocols (i.e. MQTT)
"Easy to develop and modify SoapUI scenarios associated with the hitting power of LoadUI - perfect match for functional and load tests."
— Janusz Poblocki, Test Analyst / SQA Engineer
"Using a manual process to run 100 test cases previously required close to six hours of resource time. With SoapUI, testers can conduct the same number of tests in just 20 seconds. That reduces resource costs considerably."
— Imad Alassi, Sr. Test Automation Developer
"We can use it with multiple protocols, such as SOAP and REST. We found other tools would work well with one protocol but not the other whereas SoapUI works with both. Using the same tool to send data to both protocols saves us a lot of testing time "
— Nital Patel, QA Manager
Making sure your APIs are accurate with functional testing is fantastic! Still, quality is about more than making sure the code works as expected; its also critical to know:
- How much traffic can the API handle?
- Is the API free from obvious security vulnerabilities?
- Will I be able to deliver subsequent changes to the API on time and under budget?
SmartBear answers each of these questions through applications in the ReadyAPI suite, based on a decade of open-source testing experience.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE READYAPI SUITE
Email us at email@example.com
or call: U.S. +1 617-684-2600, EMEA +353 91-398300, APAC +61 391929960