Benefits and Results
“We rely on QAComplete reports to track the number of test cases, the number of defects and defect types as well as whether the defects are performance-related or environment-related,” the Director IT Quality Assurance explains. “We can also see the severity of the defects and the percentage of defects that have been fixed.”
The QAComplete API also makes the tool easy to integrate with other tools that play a key role in the company’s application development lifecycle. Plans call to eventually integrate QAComplete with a requirements testing tool and an application lifecycle management tool.
Another key benefit that played into the Director IT Quality Assurance’s decision to choose QAComplete is the technical support her teams receive from SmartBear. She also values the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provisioning model that SmartBear provides so the software teams don’t have to worry about deploying and maintaining on-premise servers.
“We’ve maintained a solid long-term relationship with SmartBear now for many years,” the Director IT Quality Assurance adds. “And the subscription-based pricing model enables us to increase or decrease our licenses if the size of our software teams change.”
“QAComplete is very intuitive. Even teams without testing personnel can use the solution with very little training for tracking defects. It’s easy to get them up and running to create and edit test cases and to notify their teams about identified defects. The hierarchal defects view provided by QAComplete makes it easy to prioritize our mitigation efforts.”
By deploying QAComplete, this Fortune 500 firm can now bring its two software teams together and deploy consistent testing best practices across the company. This improved capability aligns with the firm’s change away from a product-centric focus and to a focus on performing tasks that ensure quality across the software development lifecycle. Relying on QAComplete as a single consolidated testing platform also aligns with the company’s effort to cross-train developers and testers on a range of applications.
“QAComplete plays a key role in our efforts to build a more flexible workforce that allows us to be more nimble when we need to assign more resources to a high-priority development project,” the Director IT Quality Assurance says. “We are always looking to sharpen our processes and standards, and QAComplete is helping us accomplish our mission.”
- Deploy single test case management tool for two large software development organizations that previously relied on separate tools.
- Prevent confusion and inefficiencies when different teams collaborate on shared software development projects.
- Convince software teams to move away from their current test case management tool and processes to a new testing platform.
- Offers ease-of-use and simple workflows to facilitate end-user adoption, even for resources not trained in testing.
- Delivers advanced reporting to easily track number of test cases, number of defects, defect types, severity of defects and percentage of defects to mitigate.
- Makes it easy to assign test cases to each resource and then track their progress.
- Provides straightforward execution of automated and ad hoc reports with clean, easy-to-interpret views.
- Integrates easily with other tools in the application development lifecycle.
- Reduces upfront licensing costs $200K and annual maintenance $50K compared to HP Quality Manager.
- Provides superior performance in test case management, test execution, test maintenance and workflow management.
- Eliminates need to deploy and maintain on-premise servers.
- Allows for increasing and decreasing licenses as the size of the software team changes.
- Plays key role in building a flexible workforce when assigning resources to other software development projects.
All company names and/or products referenced herein are either registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective trademark holders.