AlertSite and Splunk Integration
AlertSite has integrated with Splunk – a leading operational intelligence platform – to give you an effective way to correlate your application availability and performance issues with system log events.
Splunk collects and indexes machine-generated big data from infrastructure and applications such as websites, servers, databases, networks and custom applications, and provides search, analysis and visualization capabilities for that data.
AlertSite Monitoring Alerts
Machine Data from Servers, DB's or Networks
Data Driven Actionable Insights
AlertSite already has a highly sophisticated alerting system. Adding Splunk as an alert recipient on AlertSite, customers can send AlertSite monitoring information to their Splunk server to gain real time insight into business and IT metrics.
- Splunk integration is available on AlertSite Enterprise monitoring plans
- You must be an AlertSite Admin or Co-Admin to configure the integration.
- AlertSite needs a user account to send data to Splunk. The account you can use depends on your Splunk edition.
If you use Splunk Cloud (paid subscription), contact Splunk Support and ask for the REST API credentials. This is the account you will need to specify in AlertSite.
If you use Splunk Light Free, it supports a single administrator account and does not support additional user accounts. You will need to specify the admin account in AlertSite
If you use self-hosted Splunk:
Back To All Features
- Your Splunk server must be accessible from the Internet.
- If Splunk is behind a firewall, the firewall must allow traffic on the Splunk management port (default is 8089). AlertSite locations send data to Splunk through this port