Building and Enforcing API Standards at Scale with Swagger
Standardized API design is an important consideration that organizations must face in their journey in developing APIs that are easy to maintain, adopt, and consume.
In recent years we’ve seen the proliferation of internal API style guidelines from leaders in the API space, including Microsoft, Google, Paypal, and others. But putting a strategy in place to set and enforce these guidelines at scale can be a major hurdle for API teams. A recent survey of more than 3,000 Swagger users found that standardization is the top API technology challenges organization want to see solved.
In this webinar, we will look at the challenges team face when designing APIs at scale, and will introduce steps organizations can take to standardize API design. We will also showcase a new feature in the SwaggerHub platform for enforcing style guidelines across teams.
We will cover:
- How API standardization saves both time and resources.
- Different approaches to standardizing API design
- Setting internal API style guidelines
- Leveraging reusable design components to standardize API design
- How SwaggerHub automates the enforcement of API style guidelines