TestComplete 8 Release Is Just Around the Corner
The beta testing of TestComplete 8 is coming to an end. We would like to thank all the beta testers for their suggestions and error reports. Your great feedback has helped us to make the product faster and more user-friendly. We hope you’ll like the new features and improvements that have been developed with close attention to your opinion:
- Test Visualizer.
- New Data Loop keyword-test operation and special wizards for easier creation of data-driven tests.
- Support for Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 applications.
- Support for our own SoftwarePlanner tool, and the Atlassian JIRA and Axosoft OnTime issue-tracking systems.
- Automatic importing of manual test instructions from Word, Excel and text files.
- Improved support for dynamic web controls.
- Using Java classes in scripts.
- Conditional criteria for name mapping.
- Smarter image comparison.
- More, more, and more (you can find a complete list of changes on our web site).
In a few days, we will announce the winners of our beta testing program. Two testers who used TestComplete 8 Beta actively and provided valuable feedback will receive Flip UltraHD Camcorders.
This concludes any further beta version releases of TestComplete 8. From this point forward, we will concentrate on performing final checks and polishing the product before the release for everyone’s general use.
The TestComplete 8 release will be publicly available on July 26, 2010.
Beta versions will be working until August 10, 2010, when beta licenses will expire. Don’t forget to upgrade if you have already started using TestComplete 8 in your work.
Note that each TestComplete license comes with a 12-month maintenance subscription, so if you purchase TestComplete 7 now you will get TestComplete 8 for free.