Test Automation for Windows Desktop Applications & Packaged Apps
Create reliable functional UI tests for any desktop app
Intelligent object recognition mechanism ensures your tests are robust and easy-to-maintain. Easily connect to tools in your ecosystem and run automated tests around the clock using plug-ins for build server, source control systems, and defect management tools.
- Packaged Apps
- .NET application
- WPF (XAML)
- Visual Basic
- Developer Express
- Standard Windows Controls
- Unit Testing
- Microsoft Active Accessibility
- Optical character and Text Recognition
- DLLs, Java classes and .NET assemblies
Supported Scripting Languages
Increase test coverage by easily creating roboust automated tests across packaged applications such as Oracle Forms.
- Minimize maintenance efforts by identifying dynamically built user interfaces accurately.
- Data-drive your automated tests using built-in data generator or importing data from various external sources such as databases, CSV or Excel files.
- Get a consolidated report that includes snapshots, logs, and errors for debugging failed tests quickly.
Create robust and repeatable automated tests. Tests can be recorded from scratch, extended with checkpoints and dozens of built-in library functions, or even made into data-driven tests.
- Create tests without writing a single line of script code by using the automated test recorder.
- Build tests at object level and not at image or coordinate level to ensure regression tests don’t fail when the GUI changes.
- Use extensive checkpoints to compare operations performed as part of automated tests.
- Extend TestComplete to create tests that meet your specific testing needs.
- Perform side-by-side view of the originally captured screen and the screen captured during the playback of your automated desktop test.
TestComplete Desktop offers superior support for testing desktop applications. You can automate various testing scenarios, right from front-end UI testing to back-end data validation.
- Run PyUnit, Ruby, PHPUnit, JUnit, NUnit, and TestNG unit tests.
- Test Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Visual C++, C++Builder, Delphi, Qt, Windows Store, Java, .NET, and Visual Basic applications among others.
- Automated testing of 64-bit and 32-bit applications.
- Test Chromium Embedded Framework applications.
- Access internal methods and object properties as well as Java and .Net API.
TestComplete Desktop helps in-depth testing of .NET applications, including third-party controls. Verify behavior far beyond the user interface, using scripts that call Windows API, DLL and WMI functions, .NET, and Java classes.
- Automate interaction with Windows Forms, WPF, Silverlight, ASP.NET Web Forms, and HTML5 objects.
- Access TestComplete tests from Visual Studio IDE
- Track defects and manage version control in Team Foundation Server
- Full-scale support for custom .NET controls and libraries, including those supplied by Developer Express, Infragistics, Syncfusion and other vendors.
- Get direct access to .NET classes — both intrinsic .NET Framework classes and those defined in the tested .NET application and in arbitrary .NET assemblies.
TestComplete Desktop powered by TestComplete Platform provides built-in support for a variety of third-party controls. TestComplete Desktop's object mapping scheme is completely adaptable, which allows testers to map custom or derived control classes.
- Built-in support for third-party controls such as Developer Express, Telerik, Microsoft, JavaFX, Syncfusion, Xceed among others.
- Create plugins using TestComplete SDK to support for custom WPF controls.
- Record and simulate mouse and keyword-driven testing actions on any control of the application UI.
- Automatically associate third-party controls with special program objects that extend the controls’ functionality.
TestComplete Desktop lets you achieve rapid iteration and tight feedback loops. Available integrations with other tools in your development ecosystem, including build systems, profiling tools, and defect tracking software ensures changes are immediately tested and reported on.
- Attach test logs to defect tracking tools such as Axosoft OnTime and Atlassian JIRA.
- Integrate with source control systems such as Git, Subversion, and Mercurial.
- Use out of the plugings with build tools like Jenkins to run tests as a part of automated builds.
- Integrate with debugging tool AQtime to improve code coverage.
- Seamless integration available between TestComplete and Visual Studio.
Run Tests on Cloud or Virtual Systems
Using TestComplete Desktop, which is powered by TestComplete Platform, you can test applications in the cloud. This can be really helpful in reducing hardware, software, and services testing costs.
- No additional TestComplete Desktop or TestComplete Platform licenses are required to run tests on clouds or virtual systems.
- Use TestExecute to run multiple tests in cloud or virtual systems simultaneously.
- Rapidly scale testing even on cloud computers that are running outside of your local network.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us +1 617-684-2600