1. Does this tool integrate with existing technologies?
The last thing you want is for a new tool or system to cause inefficiencies with the tools you are already using. In fact, when SmartBear Software asked 2,300 API professionals for the most important factors they consider when selecting an API tool, integrations with existing tools/systems was the #1 response.
SoapUI NG Pro not only integrates with SmartBear’s full suite of API readiness products, as part of the Ready! API platform, but is also setup to integrate with your existing tools and processes.
Below is an overview of the technologies supported by SoapUI NG Pro, as well as our growing list of third-party integrations.
Key Technlogies Supported
- JMS,MQTT,CoAP, Websockets
- Swagger, WSDL, WADL, RAML, API-Blueprint, I/O Doc
- Azure API
- IBM API
- Mulesoft APIHub
- CA API
2. What level of technical experience is required?
SoapUI NG Pro unifies the way development and QA teams collaborate on API quality by making otherwise complex tasks a matter of a few clicks. With features crafted to simplify monotonous tasks, improve coverage, and maximize test reusability across the software lifecycle, SoapUI NG Pro helps technical teams standardize their approach to API testing, regardless of skill sets or technical expertise.
With out-of-box support for many critical testing tasks, SoapUI can dramatically simplify:
- Incorporating large data sets for greater test depth and realism
- Dynamically validating the results of complex API operations
- Managing configuration between multiple environments
- Reporting on test pass/failure metrics and coverage
Additional support for importing API descriptions such as Swagger, recording tests based on real-world web and mobile apps, extracting and reusing data in API calls, and graphical editors for XML, JSON, XPath and JSON-Path syntax makes SoapUI NG Pro the easiest and most versatile API testing tool available.
Some of the ways SoapUI NG Pro helps simplify API functional testing include:
- Import API descriptions like Swagger and others to rapidly build out API tests
- Record API calls based on real-world web and mobile apps using API discovery
- Use property transfer to extract data from one response for use in a later request
- Avoid complex scripting by building XPath and/or JSON-Path statements graphically
3. What type of reporting will this tool provide?
SoapUI NG Pro has a host of pre-built reports and reporting templates to help you deliver on just the information that matters to you the most. More than just visual reports, SoapUI NG Pro provides numerous export formats so that your continuous integration results can be stored or processed into another system for later analytics.
Ready! API provides three types of reports which can be generated from inside the UI at Project, TestSuite, and TestCase level:
- Printable Reports – Can be printed or saved as PDF, HTML, RTF, Excel, and so on and are fully customizable on both global and project level, allowing you to create and customize any kind of report you may require.
- Data Export – Allows export of underlying report-data in XML and csv format. This is useful if you want to import report data into other tools for custom reporting or integrations.
- HTML Reports – Give a simplified overview of functional test results in HTML format
You can easily include any desired data in generated reports since you can export custom data in both Printable and Data Export Reports via the SubReport DataSink. Furthermore, all reports can be created both from within the tool (as described below) and from the Command Line.
4. Can I do all the testing I need to do with the tool, or will I need to manage multiple tools?
SoapUI NG Pro integrates with your entire API delivery ecosystem, from design and mocking to issue reporting and deployment.
From functional testing, to performance testing to post-deployment monitoring, SmartBear’s API tools help you to deliver accurate, fast, and secure APIs.
Here is a quick overview of the additional tools that you can add to your test suite with the Ready! API platform:
- LoadUI NG Pro: Use your functional API tests to quickly spin up load against your APIs to see how they stand up, where issues lie, and what to fix before rollout. Learn more.
- Secure Pro: Protect your services and consumers against the most common security vulnerabilities by using a complement of prebuilt tests and scans, all in time before code release so you know your production systems are as safe as possible. Use existing SoapUI test cases as the basis for your security scans. Learn more.
- ServiceV Pro: API virtualization in ServiceV Pro helps you deliver great APIs on time and under budget, and does so for a fraction of the cost typically associated with traditional enterprise service virtualization suites. Learn more.
- AlertSite: Monitor your internal, partner or public APIs, effortlessly. AlertSite monitors both REST and SOAP APIs for availability, performance and functional correctness. Learn more.
5. Can this tool be used across my team?
Developers, architects and QA engineers all share a unified approach to ensuring the correctness of their APIs in continuous delivery and other automation scenarios. SoapUI NG Pro makes it as easy as possible to create test scenarios by providing design tools that use point-and-click shortcuts to simplify advanced functionality down to a few clicks.
Already using SoapUI open source? The same skills and testing knowledge you use in SoapUI open source are immediately applicable in SoapUI NG Pro. With an improved interface enhancing your experience, you can immediately switch from SoapUI and pick up on your projects right where you left off in SoapUI NG Pro.