Next Generation of SoapUI:
Make sure your API performs as intended and meets all the requirements of your business by using the powerful next generation of SoapUI Pro. Whether you use SOAP, REST or any of the other protocols, SoapUI Pro provides complete functional testing capability.
As with the other tools in the ReadyAPI platform, we provide base functionality for all of our users so you can immediately get started with testing your APIs. SoapUI still provides powerful capabilities for API functional testing but for the real horsepower, check out SoapUI Pro.
Thoroughly test your API's functionality
The first essential piece of API readiness is making sure that your API does what it is supposed to do and returns the data it's expected to return. SoapUI uses the tried-and-true SoapUI testing capabilities to help you ensure that your REST and SOAP APIs perform as expected. These features are included in the base SoapUI that is available to all ReadyAPI customers.
- Generate your test skeleton from your API's service description, then use the Test Coverage feature to dynamically analyze your functional test coverage.
- Run ad-hoc tests or use the command-line interface to hook your tests to your build system.
- Test REST, SOAP, and other protocols using drag-and-drop test creation, test generation, and multi-environment support.
Benefit from the power of data-driven testing
Data-driven testing can give your functional tests extra power and capability because you have the ability to create a variety of simulations using different data sources and values. With SoapUI Pro, that power is at your fingertips, allowing you to use a single test case to perform an infinite number of scenarios.
- Use external data sources to keep your test data cleanly separated from your test cases, making both easier to maintain.
- Avoid having to repeat your test cases for different scenarios by having a variety of data sets that you can run through the same test case.
- React quickly when new use cases arise by creating a new data set to simulate user behavior without having to modify the test case.
Speed your API testing with Point and Click testing
Many API testers are faced with complex APIs that require significant effort in planning and creating the interactions required to accurately test the functionality. With SoapUI Pro, we make it easier to create those test scenarios by providing some point-and-click shortcuts.
- Use property transfer to take the response from one test step and feed it as a request to another test step, creating complicated dynamic references to project properties with a simple click.
- Avoid complex scripting by adding assertions to your XPath or JSON-Path tests.
Build and maintain test structures automatically
Creating API tests manually based on a written description or a specification can be time-consuming and inaccurate. With SoapUI Pro, you can use our API Discovery feature to find APIs and generate test structures for them. You can also easily refactor your tests when any of your APIs change.
- Generate test structures from your API service descriptions so you can be sure you've got full coverage.
- Discover APIs by watching HTTP traffic in the SoapUI NG Pro internal browser or through an external browser that uses ReadyAPI as a proxy.
- Use the refactoring capabilities to automatically update your tests and simulations to be compliant with new versions of your API descriptions.
The API economy is upon us... and SmartBear is making sure your tools are keeping up with the pace!
Learn more about ReadyAPI and SoapUI Pro here: