SmartBear Software Updates ‘Ready for IBM Rational Software’ Validation
Peer Review Tool, CodeCollaborator, Supports Collaborative Lifecycle Management
Beverly, MA — June 05, 2011 —
SmartBear Software today announced it has successfully completed ‘Ready for IBM Rational Software’ technical validation of CodeCollaborator v6.1 for IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) 3.0.1.
With CodeCollaborator v6.0, SmartBear introduced the ability to do code review
without ever leaving the RTC environment. CodeCollaborator, the only peer review tool
that’s integrated directly into the RTC workflow for efficient code review, now supports RTC 3.0.1.
The CodeCollaborator and IBM Rational Team Concert integrated solution:
- Seamlessly submits code to CodeCollaborator using the Work Item capability in RTC (such as changing the state of Work Items to automatically initiate a code review in CodeCollaborator).
- Enables customers to augment the development process with CodeCollaborator's review tool, making it easy for appropriate reviewers to approve Change Sets associated with Work Items before approval.
- Is easy to deploy – simply install on the IBM Rational Team Concert server.
- Helps teams review code in 1/5th the time needed for formal code reviews.
- Provides the ability to automatically assign reviewers in CodeCollaborator based on the Approvers listed in the Work Item.
In addition, CodeCollaborator also has pre-existing “Ready for Rational Software” validated integrations for RTC V3 and V2 as well as for IBM Rational ClearCase and Synergy.
Michael Loria, vice president, IBM Rational Business Development, said, “CodeCollaborator leverages the unique workflow in Rational Team Concert providing what customers are looking for. CodeCollaborator is becoming an organic part of the way customers use Rational Team Concert.”
SmartBear at IBM Software Innovate 2011 – Booth # 314
SmartBear received an Honorable Mention in the Rational 2011 Business Partner Innovation in the Complex and Embedded Systems Award category. Additional activities during the conference include:
- A presentation discussing “Eleven Best Practices for Peer Code Reviews with IBM Rational Team Concert,” on Thursday, June 9 at 8:30 a.m. (Session 1852: Southern V – Dolphin).
- CodeCollaborator will be featured in “The Business Partner IBM Rational Jazz Ensemble: Using Ready for Rational Products to Extent the Power of IBM Jazz Products” session on Wednesday, June 8 at 11:15 a.m.
Media and Community Contact: