Will Digital Performance Set the Competitive Landscape for 2018?
In a world where the internet rules all, where 94% of business buyers conduct online research, and where e-commerce sales are poised to fall between $427 billion and $443 billion by the end of this year, we think it’s safe to say that your website is a vital part of your business strategy. Whether you’re a B2B company, a local business, or an e-commerce site, digital presence is key to maintain in your drive towards success. Digital Performance will take priority in 2018 for the following reasons:
- Competition is fierce – 79% of people who don’t like what they find on one site will go back and search for another site.
- Consumers are king – 79 % of U.S. consumers shop on the web or their phones, and it’s clear that consumers enjoy perusing online. Whether it’s conducting research or shopping, online interactions make sense for individuals because it’s convenient, flexible, and private. The internet adds a layer of independence that supports choice, price comparisons, variety, and the amazing ability to avoid crowds. To capture market share businesses will need to up their digital game to connect with users and drive them to purchase.
- Relationships don’t build themselves – 5% of consumers are more likely to buy from a retailer that recognizes them by name, recommends options based on past purchases, OR knows their purchase history. Leveraging your online platforms to design personalized experiences can drive brand affinity and loyalty and add a boost to your revenue.
- Saturation can weigh you down – By definition, a trend is a movement, a current style or preference, that can be proven over time. As trends evolve, more and more people adopt the new idea or concept to stay relevant. However, in a competitive market this often means that saturation increases and the ability to remain unique and differentiated becomes complex. It’s projected that by 2020, customer experience will overtake price and product as the key brand differentiator. By creating unmatched digital experiences, through both customer research and digital user-experience, companies can surpass their competition.
How you can stay ahead in 2018
- Get creative – Innovate in the digital environment by leveraging your user-base. Conduct user-experience tests, adopt a devops strategy that empowers you to deploy faster and continuously innovate.
- Stay ahead of the game – Monitor your web and API performance, so that you can monitor performance in production, better understand your application health, and stay ahead of your users. Using a synthetic monitoring tool, like AlertSite, to know about any performance deviations, outages, and failures before your users encounter them will ensure you can provide a stellar digital experience that will put you well ahead of your competitors.
For more ways to reduce your MTTR and dominate in 2018, chat with us on Dec. 1!
Share this article.