The Beginner’s Guide to Agile API Development
API development is changing at a more rapid pace than it ever has in its short history. This pace is also impacted with a series of challenges that can impact an organization’s ability to deliver software in a reliable and repeatable way.
As new Agile methodologies emerge, such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment, organizations must adapt their delivery strategies or risk falling behind the pace of their peers.
In a recent survey of over 2,300 API testing and development professionals it was clear that a majority of API teams are now embracing an agile approach to software development.
Waterfall is still being used by a portion of teams but is outpaced by other delivery methods, including continuous integration (37.8%), continuous delivery (27%), and DevOps (25.4%).
Challenges and Opportunities of Agile API Development
Implementing these methodologies comes with new opportunities, but also comes with a new set of challenges.
How do you select the right approach for your organization? What tools should you use to enable API delivery in an Agile landscape?
Then there are additional challenges — like how to recruit and maintain the right people to implement these strategies? And how do manage the challenges that come with outsourcing and working with distributed teams?
The Beginner’s Guide to Agile API Development: A Look at DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery in API Delivery
In our newest eBook, The Beginner’s Guide to Agile API Development, we take a closer look at a number of topics related to implementing these methodologies into your API development strategy.
- What shifts are occurring in the ways that software is delivered, and how this creates challenges as organizations adapt
- The roles and methodologies associated with DevOps
- The differences between Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment and where each of these strategies is most applicable
- The importance of automation and tooling to enable modern API development
- How to implement DevOps and Agile – best practices in knowledge management, tool selection
Get your copy.