Our aim with each update is to combine UI test automation with innovation. This year we’ve been happy with our progress. We introduced a powerful hybrid object recognition engine that now includes AI-powered OCR techniques. Our range of automated tests has always covered desktop, web, mobile, and Chromium-based applications, but through this OCR update, they can now be more complex. Dynamic IDs, canvas-based elements in HTML5, complicated grid-based controls, charts, maps, and images - all are now testable with this update.
TestComplete started 2019 strong, with Shadow DOM and native support for BDD-style Gherkin syntax, allowing you to quickly translate Given-When-Then business scenarios into automated tests. We integrate tightly with Zephyr for Jira, giving all members of the team true traceability within the Jira ecosystem. We also provided a way to perform a health check of web applications in seconds, among other valuable features.
Download TestComplete here!
With TestComplete v14.2, the team introduces a host of exciting new features to further accelerate your testing efforts. The highlights include:
- Simplified integration with Azure DevOps pipelines, and synchronization with Azure test plans: Having one place to report from can save hours of wasted time and hassle – time better used on value-added work like test design. With real-time sync to test management and reporting inside Azure DevOps, along with a simplified integration process that cuts the number of steps in half, automated tests are now an integral part of your application build pipeline. After running builds with Azure Pipelines, automation test results are posted to Azure DevOps with a 1:1 relationship between an Azure manual test and a TestComplete automated test. With no complex workflows or extraneous steps, you can accurately capture test coverage and identify high-risk areas after each test run. Learn more.
- Improved object recognition for faster test creation and better test maintenance: UI automation is inherently flaky. Object properties change often, making test creation and maintenance a nightmare. Teams may spend hours, even days, to select the right properties to identify objects and maintain test suites when those properties change. This wastes time (and money) on automation-related activities, rather than performing actual testing. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t test at the UI level, it just means you need the right capabilities to do it. Improved selection of mapping criteria to identify objects in web applications, streamlined algorithms to protect object mappings from application hierarchy changes, smarter suggestions for “object not found” errors, and redesigned capabilities for creating mapping templates – all enhancements that significantly improve robustness and speed of test creation and reduce test maintenance efforts. Learn more.
- PDF validation and text extraction for end-to-end testing: Many of our customers have application workflows and business processes that end with the creation of a PDF. Verifying content of these PDFs is an important step for testing these end-to-end business processes. Validating for content accuracy, editable text, or extracting data to be used in another system are all common use cases. With our new AI-powered visual recognition specifically designed for PDFs, you don’t have to rely on time-consuming manual testing or image-based techniques, which often fail because they tend to rely on pixel-to-pixel comparisons. View all IQ features here.
- Streamlined test execution through test case tagging: Customers tell us that they spend too much time trying to understand and prioritize test runs, and then analyzing test results. In the agile world, time is usually short and testers need a convenient way to prioritize test runs. To make it easier, we’ve introduced Tags to provide context to automated tests. Classifying test cases into logical categories enables you to prioritize test execution and understand problematic areas of the application quickly. In TestComplete, tags can now be assigned, both at the keyword test and at the script routine levels. earn more -- keyword tags and script tags.
- Other features include: Enhancements to support for CEF-based applications, performance improvements for 3x faster object recognition, improvements to logging and reporting, and support for Electron 6, Windows Server 2019, and all latest browsers.
Head here to learn more all of the new TestComplete features in 14.2 or try it for yourself!