1. Part 1: Elements of a Test Framework
2. Part 2: Elements of a UI Automation Framework
3. Part 3: The Growing Trend of Open Source Testing Frameworks
Testing frameworks are essential to the success of any software delivery process. They can reduce test maintenance costs and provide a higher return on investment (ROI) for teams looking to optimize their testing efforts. Unfortunately, they are anything but easy to implement.
Setting up testing frameworks is both a time and resource commitment and choosing the one that is right for you can be difficult. However, it’s necessary to set up an infrastructure that will support your future testing efforts and developing a testing framework can lay the groundwork work for everlasting success.
So how do you get started?
In our upcoming webinar series on testing frameworks, we plan to prep you with all of the information and tooling you need. From building the foundation, to looking at UI automation test frameworks, and diving into the open source tools you could be using and the environments you’ll need, we’ve got you covered.
For the first part of our series, “Elements of Test Framework,” we decided to start at the very beginning. Our technical experts Bria Grangard and Jeffrey Martin will walk you through how to set up a testing framework step-by-step. You’ll learn how to define the important components of the SDLC, decompose and reuse common functionalities, and make informed decisions about your testing suites.
You can watch the on-demand recording of this webinar here.
- Structuring your framework for an application under test
- The 3 D’s: Define, Decompose, Decide
- Tips & Tricks gleaned from many experts in the field
- Live Question & Answer with Bria and Jeff
In part two, "Elements of a UI Automation Framework", Carson Underwood, a QA Engineer at O'Reilly Auto Parts, will discuss how he built his UI Automation Test Framework from scratch with a complete walk-through of the necessary steps for success. Join us for Part 2 on November 7th at 8:30 AM or 2 PM EDT.
- Discussion over the critical elements for an automation framework
- Live demonstration of a successful UI testing framework
- Tips & Tricks gleaned from an expert in the field
- Live Question & Answer with two software experts
Finally, part three of our series, "The Growing Trend of Open Source Testing Frameworks," will explore how you can use open source frameworks for browser testing to add extras to your web testing. Join us for Part 3 on November 14th at 8 AM or 2 PM EST.
- Most used Selenium testing frameworks
- Pros & cons of some of the top frameworks