We are pleased to announce that AQtime 7.3 is now available. The central theme for AQtime 7.3 is the support for the new version of Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2 development suite. The time-trusted profiler for Delphi and C++Builder, AQtime is now available as an integrated plugin to RAD Studio XE2, Delphi XE2, and C++Builder XE2, as well as a standalone tool supporting the XE2 compilers from Embarcadero. Most importantly, AQtime Pro 7.3 introduces support for Delphi 64 bit applications (this support is in Beta at the time of release of 7.3).
AQtime Standard for Embarcadero RAD Studio has also been updated to support XE2 and is included in the standard distributions of RAD Studio XE2, Delphi XE2, and C++Builder XE2. AQtime Standard supports only 32 bit applications at this point. Support for 64 bit applications is available only in AQtime Pro.
Additionally, the following enhancements are included in AQtime 7.3, alongside an healthy set of bugfixes:
- Allocation profiler improvements. A new call stack view is added to the Allocation profiler results display. Using the Classes Data result category, you can analyze call stack information for all allocated objects of a given class. When you choose a specific class in the Report panel, the Call Graph and Call Tree panels display the sequence of function calls that led to creation of instances of the selected class. By collapsing similar allocation stacks for multiple instances of a single class, we are able to provide a much more compact set of results and simplify memory debugging with AQtime. For more information see Viewing Call Stacks.
- Light Coverage profiler enhancements. The Light Coverage profiler has been significantly improved to offer:
- Better runtime performance
- Better capacity, particularly for processing large result sets
- Better performance when merging multiple data files with profiling results
- Profiling of .NET applications has been improved. Specifically, AQtime 7.30 fixes an error when earlier versions of AQtime could fail to start profiling a .NET application and reported the error "Not enough storage is available to process this command."
Customers on maintenance can get the update to AQtime 7.3 for free through their Client Services Portal account. The license holders who are off maintenance should contact our sales team for an upgrade quote.
Here is to more efficient profiling!